Before you initiate a warrant search in Barren County, Kentucky, it will help you learn about the various government sources of information on arrest records and warrants. This will help you get accurate results for your inquiry and cut down the time spent looking for this information.
Although most people only think of the local police when they want to look at the outstanding warrants issued against a third party, the judiciary is also a viable source of such records. For instance, you could just as well go to the magistrate’s office when you want to find out about active warrants from Barren County.
Apart from detention orders issued in response to criminal complaints, the magistrate’s court will also have data on bench warrants, summons, search warrants, and the likes. In other words, if a legal provision was issued in a case, whether criminal or civil, you will find records for it with this state agency.
The same can also be said about the office of the clerk of court. While the county clerk’s deputies do not offer a ruling in a pre warrant hearing, nor do they file the petition for an arrest order, they still keep all records about the issue of these judicial instruments simply because they are the record bearers of the state justice system. So, information on Barren County arrest warrants can also be found by browsing the court dockets database. To connect with these agencies, you will have to show up in person at their offices.
- The sheriff’s: 117-1BN Public Square, Glasgow, Kentucky 42141
- The magistrate’s: 100 Court House Square, Glasgow, KY 42141
- The county clerk’s: 117-1A North Public Square, Glasgow, Kentucky 4214
- Most wanted list for Barren: http://www.barrencountysheriff.com/MostWanted.html
How do access arrest records and details on warrants from Barren County over the phone? (Valid in 2021)
- For information on arrests, call the Barren County Detention Center at 270- 651-8806.
- For arrest records, incident and accident reports, contact the Sheriff’s Office at 270- 651-2771.
- For information on arrest warrants, call the District Court at 270- 651-9839.
- For victim’s assistance, call the Barren County Attorney’s Office at 270-651-8766.
- For judicial records, call the Circuit Clerk at 270- 651-2561.
Crime statistics of Barren County
The criminal complaints handled by Barren County Sheriff’s Department decreased by 17% in 2019 as compared to the prior year. In contrast, to the annual average of 138 events in 2018, around 115 cases were reported in 2019. Over 80 of the complaints were for property offenses, while 30 were for violent crimes
Barren County, KY, is another area where the annual crime rate seldom goes over the 600 case mark. Also, most of the cases registered have to do with property crime, while violent criminal activities are considerably rarer at just 5% of the total crime average for the year. In the ten years between 1999 and 2008, there has been a growth of over 50% in the reported crime rate. Violent criminal incidents were also on the rise and showed an increase of over 60%.