Since the issue of all active warrants can be attributed to the office of the magistrate, this should be one of the first state agencies to visit in your quest for an arrest warrant search in Cumberland County, KY. The judiciary renders the role of the impartial entity that is supposed to deliberate on the evidence collected by the police and ensure that it holds in light of the probable cause requirement imposed on the issue of all active warrants.
To ascertain that arrests are not made based on a mere hunch that would violate the liberties guaranteed to every citizen of the United States by its Constitution, it was imperative to confer the authority to issue arrest warrants on a third party. Because the judiciary is in no way involved in investigating criminal matters, magistrates are in a position to determine if the law enforcement agency is within its legal boundaries when requesting an arrest warrant.
Although the court does not participate in apprehending the offender or filing charges against him, once arrests occur under Cumberland outstanding warrants, the police cannot release the accused unless a magistrate grants him bail. From here on, the tribunal plays an active role in processing the offender as he is put through one court session after another till the verdict against him is readout.
In fact, it is the court that sentences all criminals who are pronounced guilty. So, the magistrate will have information on Cumberland County arrest records, active warrants, other legal provisions such as summons and bench warrants issued in the name of the subject, charges filed against him, and sentencing. To get in touch with the judiciary or local police for a warrant search, you can go to:
- The office of the sheriff: PO Box 838, 600 Courthouse Square, Burkesville, Kentucky 42717
- The court of the magistrate: 112 Vote House Rd, Waterview, KY 42717
- The department of the county clerk: PO Box 275, Burkesville, Kentucky 42717
If you need information on Cumberland County recent arrests and warrants, whom should you call? (In 2021)
- To access information about warrants, contact the District Court at 270- 864-5600.
- To get information about recent arrests, call the Cumberland County Justice Center at 270- 864-2611.
- To get information about requesting an arrest report or a local criminal background check, contact the Sheriff’s Office at 270- 864-4321.
- To reach Victim/Witness Services, please contact the Victim’s Advocate at 270- 864-1255.
- To get a certified statement of criminal court records, contact the Court Clerk’s Office at 270- 864-2611.
Crime statistics of Cumberland County
In 2019, around 10 crimes were reported in Cumberland County, all of which were property Cases were filed against 1 larceny-theft and 6 burglaries.
Older crime statistics
In the 4 years between 2004 and 2008, only about 20 criminal complaints were filed in Cumberland County, Kentucky. So, the annual average of 5 incidents puts this area on top of the list of the state’s safest neighborhoods. However, through this period, a growth of almost 50% was observed in the reported crime rate.