Although there is no dearth of options for conducting an arrest warrant search in Lewis County, KY, none of the agencies that entertain requests for crime history data offer this information online. In fact, their requirement of having applicants visit the agency office in person is what makes such inquiries cumbersome.
Although there are a few benefits to taking the trouble of driving down to the state department in question, a lot of people would still like to check for arrest warrants online. In fact, this preference has given rise to an entire industry of information vendors. The form you see on top of this webpage will get you access to a privately maintained database of active warrants and arrest records.
The repository is extensive and reliable; the only problem is that, like with the other service providers in the sector, you won’t receive a formal background report. On the other hand, if you were to approach the office of the county clerk, the magistrate, or the sheriff, you would not only get your criminal history results in black and white but also you could get them notarized.
Of course, the fact that you could gather a lot of supplemental information when at the state offices also raises the stock of these agencies. Ideally, you should consider the police for all inquiries strictly related to arrests and outstanding warrants from Lewis County. In contrast, the county clerk’s department, with its court dockets database, would be a good choice for inquires on arrest records as well as civil cases.
- The sheriff’s: 514-2nd St, Vanceburg, Kentucky 41179
- The magistrate’s: 112 2nd St, Vanceburg, KY 41179
- The county clerk’s: PO Box 129, Vanceburg, Kentucky 41179
How can you get a copy of an arrest report or information on outstanding warrants from Lewis County over the phone? (Updated-2021)
- If you want to access arrest records: Contact the Lewis County Sheriff’s Department at at 606- 796-2912.
- If you want to know about recent arrest: Call the Lewis County Jail at 606-796-2312.
- If you want to inquire about Lewis County warrants: Call the District Court at 606-473-6339.
- If you want to learn how to access criminal case records: Contact the office of the Clerk of Court at 606-796-3053.
- If you need information on victim’s assistance: Contact the County Attorney’s Office at 606-796-3201.
Crime statistics of Lewis County
Property crimes accounted for the majority of the nearly 22 crimes reported in Lewis County in 2019, with 18 complaints. There were about 10 burglaries and around 5 larceny-thefts in this category. In the category of violent crimes, there were 3 reports of aggravated assault and 1 report of rape.
Older crime statistics
About 100 criminal complaints are taken to the police of Lewis County, Kentucky, every year, and nearly 7% of these cases are filed in reference to violent criminal acts. Between 2004 and 2008, reported criminal activity grew by over 50%, but the truly alarming rise was seen in violent crime figures, which went up by 100%.