Why would you want to get a Letcher County, Kentucky warrant search done? The answer is straightforward; this is the easiest way to keep abreast of the criminal happenings in your neighborhood and keep unscrupulous elements at bay. Fortunately, several justice agencies in the state are in agreement when it comes to the dissemination of criminal history information for this purpose.
So, when you need to find out if there is an active warrant from Letcher County in the name of an acquaintance, you can head to the offices of:
- Law enforcement: Crthse 101 Main St, Whitesburg, Kentucky 41858
- Judiciary: 205 Main St, Whitesburg, KY 41858
- County clerk: 156 Main Street, Suite 102, Whitesburg, Kentucky 41858
If you contact the police, you can also get a list of the area’s most wanted from the law enforcement department. That is not all; just about every piece of information about your subject that has anything to do with a criminal occurrence will be offered to you in the form of a written report.
Similarly, you can also find arrest warrants with the magistrate’s court. After all, it is the sitting judge who signs the order making it effective. The magistrate’s court will also offer information on the issue of other judicial provisions like bench warrants and search orders.
The office of the county clerk works on the same lines when it comes to storing trial-related information. You will find details on every case that was heard by the judiciary in the county in the court dockets maintained by the deputies of this agency. So, when you need information on Letcher County outstanding warrants, you can visit:
Is it possible to obtain information about Letcher County arrest warrants and recent arrests by phone? (2021-Update)
- Call the Jail Bookings phone line at 606- 633-5163 for information on recent arrests.
- Call the District Court at 606- 633-4222 for information about arrest warrants.
- Call the Circuit Court at 606- 633-7559 to inquire about judicial records.
- Call the Letcher County Attorney’s Office at 606- 633-9588 for victim assistance and information on protective orders.
- Contact the Sheriff’s Office at 606- 633-2293 for arrest records and other police records.
Crime statistics of Letcher County
In 2019, the Letcher Sheriff’s Office received 14 criminal complaints, compared to 12 in 2018. There were 13 property offenses and 1 violent crime among them.
The reported offenses included 11 larceny-thefts, 2 motor vehicle thefts, and 1 aggravated assault.
Older crime statistics
Despite a massive increase of almost 60% in the rate of overall crime and a rise of 45% in violent acts, the annual incident figure for Letcher County, KY, is the lowest in the state at less than 100 occurrences.