While all 51 states have their own version of the Sunshine Laws (read Freedom of Information laws), the amount of information disseminated under this statute’s provisions can vary greatly from one state to another. For instance, if you are looking for Hardin County, Kentucky outstanding warrants-related information and a detailed background report, you will have to fit a certain employer criterion to avail this information from a government agency.
In contrast, there is no restriction on using an online source, whether a government undertaking or otherwise, to look for arrest records and active warrants from Hardin County. You will find two options when scouring the World Wide Web for a warrant search. There is the official website of the Kentucky state judiciary that offers information on civil and criminal matters.
Other venues for information include privately owned databases of detention decrees and arrest-related information. While you can find details on arrest warrants from Hardin County through the court’s website at http://courts.ky.gov/Pages/default.aspx, there is no provision to find arrest records through this source. In contrast, when you use a third-party information vendor’s services, you get access to countrywide crime records.
It is also possible to visit a government office in person when hunting for details on legal instruments like bench warrants, detention orders issued in criminal matters, search orders, summons, etc. The agencies that entertain such requests are listed below:
- The police: 100 Public Square Suite 101, Elizabethtown, Kentucky 42701
- The county clerk: PO Box 1030, Elizabethtown, Kentucky 42702
- The court of the magistrate: 120 Dixie Hwy E, Elizabethtown, KY 42701
- County’s most wanted list: http://www.hckysheriff.com/
If you need information on Hardin County recent arrest and warrants, whom should you call? (In 2021)
- The District Court: Contact for information on arrest warrants- 270- 766-5004/270-351-4799.
- The Hardin County Detention Center: Call for inquiries about recent arrests- 270- 765-4159.
- The Sheriff’s Office: Call for an arrest report- 270- 765-5133.
- The Victim’s Advocate: Contact to get details on assistance for victims and witnesses- 270- 765-6726.
- The Clerk of Circuit Court: Call for information on accessing judicial records- 270- 766-5000.
Crime statistics of Hardin County
The Hardin County Sheriff’s Department received 5% fewer criminal reports in 2019 than the prior year. In contrast to the annual average of 165 events in 2018, more than 156 cases were reported in 2019. Over 140 of the complaints were for property offenses, while over 16 were for violent crimes.
Property crimes accounted for the majority of the nearly 156 crimes reported in County in 2019, with 140 complaints. There were about 39 burglaries and around 79 larceny-thefts in this category. In the category of violent crimes, there were 9 reports of aggravated assault and 3 reports of rape.
Through the nine-year period that ended in 2008, an estimated 13,600 crimes were reported in Hardin County, KY. This puts the annual average of crime at just over 1500 incidents. Nearly 130 of these cases were filed in violent criminal matters. Overall, at least 5 crimes occur in the area every day and a closer look at the annual crime rates through the period mentioned above reveals that there has been a growth of almost 50% in the rates of reported and violent crime.