If you are all ready to start an arrest warrant search in Owen County, KY, you should know that the police are far from being your only source of information. In fact, when it comes to the extensiveness of the data offered, the sheriff’s office ranks behind the county clerk’s department and the court of the magistrate.
To understand how this works, you will have to know how information on arrest records and active warrants from Owen County gets to the different agencies, along with details on civil cases, which are only kept by a few. Because police effect detentions under warrants, they are bound to have all Owen County arrest records.
By the same logic, the magistrate’s office has information on all active warrants issued in the area because this is the agency that releases such orders. A third department that also comes into the picture is the office of the county clerk.
This agency has been put in charge of preparing and storing court dockets for civil and criminal tribunals across the judicial hierarchy. Since a deputy of the clerk of court is present at the pre-warrant hearing, they are bound to have information on all outstanding warrants from Owen.
As far as arrests go, information on these gets to the judiciary only when the warrant is returned to the magistrate’s office. This is done in preparation for the bail hearing that is to come. So, undoubtedly, the clerk of court will be able to offer the most amount of information in response to your warrant search. However, you can connect with any of the offices given below:
- The sheriff’s department: 102 North Madison St, Owenton, Kentucky 40359
- The magistrate’s court: 100 Thomas Rd, Lockport, KY 40036
- The county clerk’s office: 135 West Bryan Street, Owenton, Kentucky 40359
How do you contact state agencies over the phone for an arrest report or information about warrants from Owen County? (Updated-2021)
- To find out about Owen County arrests, contact the local Jail (Contracted to Carroll County Jail)- 502-514-5588.
- To request criminal records, including incident, accident and arrest report, contact the Sheriff’s Office- 502- 484-3363.
- To learn more about arrest warrants, contact the District Court-502-732-5880/859-824-0189.
- To seek help offered to crime victims, contact the Owen County Attorney’s Office-502-484-4545.
- To obtain a criminal background check or judicial records, contact the Clerk of Court- 502- 484-2232.
Crime statistics of Owen County
The Sheriff’s Office of Owen County handled approximately 30 criminal matters in 2019. Of the total number of complaints filed, around 28 were against property crimes while 2 were against violent crimes.
With 9 cases, larceny-theft had the highest occurrence rate of all property crimes. Burglary brought in around 14 complaints.
Older crime statistics
Although the 60 odd criminal incidents that make up the annual crime average of Owen County, Kentucky may not seem too bad at first glance, it should be noted that the yearly figures of illegal occurrences have gone up from a dismal 16 to 64 in the five years from 2004 to 2008. Fortunately, violent crime plunged by almost 50% through this period.