Nicholas County Warrants and Arrest Records Search

Kentucky Arrest Records and Warrant Search

Please fill in the form below to begin your Kentucky criminal records search

By searching you certify that you are above 18 years of age

You don’t just have the police as a source of information when you need to conduct an arrest warrant search in Nicholas County, KY. The court of the magistrate should, in fact, figure in the first position on the list of places to go to for any inquiry that pertains to active warrants because the courts issue these orders in the area.

When in need of an arrest warrant, the sheriff’s department connects with the local tribunal, which has been empowered to grant all legal provisions prescribed in the criminal code of the state. Active warrants from Nicholas County are but one among innumerable other judicial instruments available to the sitting judge’s office.

However, apart from Nicholas County outstanding warrants, only one other type of order calls for arrests; these are known as bench warrants. As their name suggests, these decrees are released by the judge’s bench without any interference from the sheriff’s department. In contrast, an active warrant is only issued upon the filing of a complaint by the sheriff’s department.

The serving of outstanding warrants and bench orders is left to the police, who keep arrest records for both types of directives. This information is also relayed to the judiciary with the return of the original arrest warrants. So, if you are looking for information on warrants and arrests, you can call on the magistrate’s court or the other offices mentioned below:

  • The office of the sheriff: Main St, Carlisle, Kentucky 40311
  • The court of the magistrate: 101 E Market St, Carlisle, KY 40311
  • The department of the county clerk: PO Box 227, Carlisle, Kentucky 40311

How do you connect with law enforcement agencies over the phone for a Nicholas County warrants search and arrests-data? (Checked in 2021)      

  • Information about arrests and detainees may be obtained by contacting the Nicholas County Jail at 859-473-0307.
  • Information about requesting arrest records and police reports may be obtained by contacting the Sheriff’s Office at 859- 289-3740.
  • Information about arrest warrants can be obtained by contacting the District Court at 859-234-1918.
  • Information on assistance available to victims may be obtained by contacting the County Attorney’s Office at 859- 289-3745.
  • Information on requesting judicial records and a criminal background check may be obtained by contacting the Office of the Clerk of Court at 859- 289-2336.

Crime statistics of Nicholas County

The Nicholas Sheriff’s Department recorded 2 criminal complaints in 2019 which were filed against property crimes. One case each of motor vehicle theft and burglary formed the annual crime total of the area.

Older crime statistics

The police of Nicholas County, Kentucky, received about 35 complaints every year. Of the cases filed, approximately 93% are related to property theft and vandalism. However, the remaining 7% comprise of such acts as murder, rape, and assault. While there was little movement in the rate of overall crime, violent crime figures showed an improvement of almost 300%.