You need only take your Lee County, KY arrest warrant search to the local sheriff’s office to get a complete criminal profile of your subject. Inquiries of this nature are handled by the records or the public service division of the agency. On the other hand, the petition for the release of an active warrant is filed by the court services wing of the department.
When a crime is committed, the police have to take a call on making arrests immediately or filing for the issue of an active warrant. Although the former approach can be chosen for felonies, the detention has to occur within a few days of the occurrence of the criminal transgression. Also, cops need to have information that shows clear probable cause against the accused.
Warrantless arrests can only be made in such cases. If the matter in question is a misdemeanor, the only time the police can nab the accused without an arrest warrant is if the crime has taken place in front of an officer of the law. All in all, the sheriff’s office finds it more convenient and advantageous to seek a Lee County outstanding warrant.
Although an arrest warrant does not specify that the suspect is guilty as charged in any sense, one thing that ought to be understood here is that the availability of an order of this nature means that the judiciary stands convinced by the evidence presented against the accused. To seek information on Lee County arrest records and outstanding warrants, you can go to:
- The sheriff’s: Main St, Beattyville, Kentucky 41311
- The magistrate’s: 256 Main St, Beattyville, KY 41311
- The county clerk’s: Main Street Room 11, Beattyville, Kentucky 41311
How do I obtain arrest records and warrant information from Lee County over the phone? (Valid until 2021)
- You can call the Lee Adjustment Center for information on recent arrests and an inmate search- 606- 464-2866.
- You can contact the Sheriff’s Office for an arrest report or an incident report- 606-464-4140.
- You can contact the District Court to obtain information on arrest warrants- 606-464-8400
- You can call the Lee County Attorney’s Office for victim’s assistance- 606- 464-9966.
- You can contact the Clerk of Court for judicial records and a case search- 606- 464-8400.
Crime statistics of Lee County
The Lee Sheriff’s Office received 6 criminal complaints in 2019, which were filed against 5 property offenses and 1 violent crime. Cases were filed against 2 larceny-thefts, 2 burglaries1 motor vehicle theft, and 1 robbery.
Older crime statistics
From 2004 to 2008, there was an improvement of almost 110% in the rates of crime of Lee County, Kentucky. To begin with, the area had a meager annual crime average of just 20 incidents. This was reduced further to just about 10 cases per annum. Violent crimes held steady at just about 2 incidents per year through this period.