If you want to conduct an arrest warrant search in Russell County, KY, you will have to pick an agency that best suits your purpose for seeking such information. For instance, the police will tell you about all criminal matters initiated against the subject. Plus, you can find out about the crime statistics for the county and the most wanted criminals through this agency.
On the other hand, the county clerk’s office will not just accept requests for information on Russell County arrest records and outstanding warrants but also on civil matters. In fact, if you would like to browse through the database of court dockets, you can do so by visiting the justice center in your area.
The court of the magistrate is another place to go to in your quest for criminal history. Remember that the judiciary plays an important role not just at the trial stage but also when it comes to the issue of arrest warrants. The magistrate deliberates on the police petition filed for the order.
This process eventually leads to the issue of active warrants in Russell County. In addition to this, the magistrate’s office also keeps information on arrests that have been made by the local police since all detainees are eventually marched down to the courthouse for a bail hearing.
It will help to understand here that the judiciary has also been given the power to issue bench warrants which are detention orders that are released without the involvement of the police. Plus, the judge is well within his rights when he orders that certain limitations be followed when it comes to the place and time of arrests or removes such restrictions. So, for your inquiry into warrants, you can go to:
- The sheriff’s: PO Box 78, Jamestown, Kentucky 42629
- The magistrate’s: 4787 W State Highway 76, Russell Springs, KY 42642
- The county clerk’s: PO Box 579, Jamestown, Kentucky 42629
Is it feasible to acquire information over the phone about Russell County arrest warrants and recent arrests? (2021-Update)
- To ask about recent arrests, contact the Russell County Jail at 270-858-6900.
- To get an incident/accident/arrest report, contact the Russell County Sheriff’s Office at 270- 343-2191.
- To conduct a warrants search, contact the District Court at 606- 387-0471/606- 387-8682.
- To inquire about victim support and information, call the Russell County Attorney’s Office at 270-343-2121.
- To know how to initiate a search for Russell County judicial records, contact the Clerk of the Circuit Court at 270- 343-2185.
Crime statistics of Russell County
The Sheriff’s Office of Russell County handled approximately 66 criminal matters in 2019. Of the complaints filed, more than 63 were against property crimes while the rest were against violent crimes.
Instances of larceny-theft had the highest occurrence rate at more than 42 complaints/annum while burglary cases came in a close second with approximately 15 cases filed yearly against such crimes.
Older crime statistics
A marked difference has been seen in the crime rates of Russell County, Kentucky starting in 2004 and ending in 2008. At the beginning of this four-year period, the figures of property crime stood at 40 incidents while violent crimes clocked in a rate of 5 cases. However, by 2008, these numbers had increased by 100%.