Boyd County arrest warrants are not included in the category of public records. The reason given for this is that law enforcement agencies and the judiciary do not want this information to be misused to discriminate against people with prior arrest records.
Apart from privacy protection, local authorities are averse to disseminating active warrants-related information because they do not want such details to be used by wanted felons to evade the law. Local justice agencies also have to mindful of the ramifications of withholding such data when it comes to community safety.
Hence, organizations, whether private or government-owned, are allowed access to information on Boyd County outstanding warrants and arrest records in a bid to ensure that agencies that offer care to seniors, kids, and disabled people do not end up hiring people with a criminal past and thus endanger their wards.
Unless you are associated with such an organization, you cannot get a detailed report on your subject’s background. In other words, unlike some other states, it is not possible to get third-party crime history information on a whim in the state of Kentucky.
Yet, if you do go to the local sheriff’s office, the court of the magistrate that handles criminal cases, or the office of the county clerk and express an interest in getting a Boyd County warrant search done, they will get records on active warrants for you. To get in touch with the relevant agencies, you can drive down to:
- Police: PO Box 536, Catlettsburg, Kentucky 41129
- The court: 2800 Louisa St, Catlettsburg, KY 41129
- The clerk of court: PO Box 523, Catlettsburg, Kentucky 40422
Will state agencies provide an arrest report or details about warrants from Boyd County over the phone? (Updated-2021)
- To find out about recent arrests, contact the Boyd County Detention Center at 606- 739-4224.
- To learn about outstanding warrants, contact the District Court at 606- 739-8107.
- To access arrest records, reach out the Sheriff’s Office at 606- 739-5135.
- To be informed about victim’s services, connect with the Boyd County Attorney’s Office at 606-739-4321.
- To learn more about obtaining access criminal court records, contact the Clerk’s Office at 606- 739-4131.
Crime statistics of Boyd County
The Boyd Sheriff’s Office got 201 criminal complaints in 2019, which comprised 181 property-related offenses and 20 violent offences.
About 95 larceny thefts, 67 burglaries, and 20 motor vehicle thefts were included in the property offenses category. Violent crime reports were filed in connection with 15 matters of aggravated assault and 5 of rape.
Boyd County, KY crime statistics are available for the entire decade that started in 1999 and ended in 2008. Over 10,500 criminal cases were filed in Boyd through this period, and more than 50% of these instances occurred when the victim was no more than a stone’s throw away from his workplace or home. Fortunately, only about 755 of these cases were against violent acts of crime.