Nelson County arrest warrants are kept by the sheriff’s office, which is in charge of their execution, and by the court of the magistrate that releases these orders. Apart from this, records on active warrants issued in the area are also maintained by the county clerk’s office.
The deputies of this agency attend all court proceedings, including the pre-warrant hearing, and they make a note of all that transpired through the court session. In fact, such records are not only kept for criminal tribunals but also civil courts. So, when you get in touch with the office of the clerk of court, you will get a well-rounded background report that includes case details from both branches of the judiciary.
There are also distinct benefits to approaching the court of the magistrate for information on outstanding warrants. For instance, through this state office, you will get details on bench warrants, search orders, and summons issued in the name of your subject, along with active arrest orders.
The local police will also be able to help you with a Nelson County warrant search. You will find crime facts like a list of the area’s most wanted criminals from this state source. However, none of these three agencies will be able to furnish information on arrest records from Nelson.
For this, you will have to use an online repository like the one that can be accessed by filling the form above. For a regular warrant search, you can go to
- The sheriff’s: 210 Nelson County Plaza, Bardstown, Kentucky 40004
- The magistrate’s: 1 Court Square, Bardstown, KY 40004
- The county clerk’s: PO Box 312, Bardstown, Kentucky 40004
How do I obtain arrest records and warrant information from Nelson County over the phone? (Valid until 2021)
- For information on arrests and prisoners, get in touch with the Nelson County Jail at 502- 348-1860.
- For arrest records and police reports (accident/incident), get in touch with the Sheriff’s Office at 502- 348-1840.
- For information about arrest warrants, get in touch with the District Court at 502- 348-2012.
- For victim assistance, get in touch with the Nelson County Attorney’s Office at 502-348-1850.
- For further information on submitting a request for a criminal background check, get in touch with the Clerk of Court’s Office at 502- 348-3648.
Crime statistics of Nelson County
The overall crime rate of Nelson County increased by 21% between 2018 and 2019. As compared to the nearly 195 complaints filed in 2018, the local police received 235 complaints in 2019. Of the cases registered, 213 were against property crimes, with larceny-theft complaints taking the lead in this category, with 122 complaints. Violent crimes led to the filing of 22 complaints.
Older crime statistics
Nelson County, KY, ranks fairly low on the state’s crime scale compared to some of the other areas. For instance, only about 500 criminal cases are reported here every year. Out of these cases, just 40 instances are violent crimes, while the remaining matters are about property crimes. While the criminal figures don’t seem too drastic at first glance, the fact that there has been a rise of almost 60% in instance rates is quite alarming.