Looking for arrest warrants from Madison County, Kentucky, is not half as difficult as people make it out to be, albeit you will have to put in some effort to get a state agency to conduct a warrant search on your behalf. A myriad of reasons can motivate you to look for the arrest records in the name of a person you know or to find information on any outstanding warrants against him/her.
While this type of data can help you safeguard your personal and professional interest, it is crucial to understand that just because you want these details does not mean that they will be handed over to you on a platter. In fact, there is no way for civil applicants to get a background report on their subject through a government source.
Of course, this does not mean that you cannot rummage through the cyber world searching for active warrants-related data against the person you are snooping on. Accessing a third-party database of outstanding warrants and arrest records from Madison County and the rest of the country is as easy as filling the form you see on top of this page.
However, federal laws dictate that if you intend to use criminal history information gathered about a certain individual connected to employment or other such official purposes, you will have to notify the subject about the inquiry and its results. Also, you will have to offer the name of the agency that conducted the warrant search.
For this reason, it would make more sense to approach a state department when you need an official background report. For this, you can connect with:
- The police: 135 West Irvine Street, Suite B01, Richmond, Kentucky 40475
- The county clerk: 101 W Main St, Richmond, KY 40475
- The court of the magistrate: Given above
How do you obtain details pertaining to Madison County warrants and arrests? (Revised in 2021)
- Want to obtain arrest records- Contact the Sheriff’s Office of Madison County at 859- 623-1511.
- Need to know about recent arrests- Contact the Madison County Jail at 859- 624-4710.
- Want to access information on outstanding warrants- Contact the District Court at 859-737-7694/859-624-4719.
- Need to obtain criminal case records- Contact the Clerk of Court’s office at 859- 624-4722.
- Want more information about victim aid- Contact the Madison County Attorney’s Office at 859- 624-4777.
Crime statistics of Madison County
In 2019, the Madison County Sheriff’s Office handled over 244 criminal complaints. Of these, 226 of the reports were for property offenses, while 18 were for violent crimes. Larceny-theft had the greatest occurrence rate among property crimes, with nearly 139 instances filed. As far as violent crimes were concerned, assaults brought in the highest number of complaints, at 11 cases.
Older crime statistics
Criminal incident statistics for Madison County, KY are available for eight years starting in 2001; through this period, nearly 12000 crimes were committed in the area. This brings us to an annual average of almost 1500 incidents. However, only about 10% of these are violent in nature. Through the period mentioned earlier, there has been a drop of a mammoth 600% in violent crime rates while reported occurrences went down by over 100%.