Clark County, Kentucky Arrest Records and Warrants

Kentucky Arrest Records and Warrant Search

Please fill in the form below to begin your Kentucky criminal records search

By searching you certify that you are above 18 years of age

A Clark County outstanding warrant is simply an arrest order left in the system till such time that the offender in whose name it was issued can be arrested. It is also common to come across another term when looking at arrest decrees, active warrants. This term refers to freshly issued orders for custodial detention, which are no more than a few days old.

State departments, including the judiciary, which issues such orders, keep an account of all arrest warrants from Clark County granted to the local police. Not just arrest orders released in criminal cases, but the police and the courts also have a record of other judicial instruments requested from the tribunal like search warrants and even those like bench warrants issued by the court suo moto.

So, to get a Clark County warrant search done, you can go to the following agencies:

  • The police: 17 Cleveland St, Winchester, Kentucky 40391
  • The judiciary: 17 Cleveland Ave, Winchester, KY 40391
  • The clerk of court: PO Box 4060, Winchester, Kentucky 40392

While the police will restrict themselves to offering information on arrest records and warrants for criminal matters, the magistrate court will also be able to provide information on legal instruments that did not involve a law enforcement agency. The sitting judge’s office will have information on the reasons that led to the issue of the active warrant in the first place.

The county clerk’s office is another branch of the judiciary that can be approached for criminal and civil records. The benefit of using this agency’s services is that they keep the court dockets which are a written record of everything that happened during a trial. Hence the information they can offer will be more extensive than that provided by the other state agencies.

Can you get details about Clark County recent arrests and active warrants over the phone? (2021-data)  

  • If you want to find out about arrests, call the Clark County Detention Center at 859- 745-0270.
  • If you are interested in an arrest report, call the Sheriff’s Office at 859- 744-4390.
  • If you want to do a warrant search, call the District Court at 859- 737-7694.
  • If you need victim’s assistance, call the Office of the Clark County Prosecutor at 859-745-0220.
  • If you are interested in a criminal case search, call the Clerk of the Circuit Court at 859- 737-7264.

Crime statistics of Clark County

Between 2018 and 2019, Clark County’s crime rate decreased by about 11%, from an annual average of 168 incidents to 148. In 2019, 142 complaints were submitted for property offenses, while the rest were for violent crimes.

More than 67 reports were filed for larceny-thefts, and over 54 complaints were filed for burglary. Two allegations of aggravated assault were among the 6 complaints lodged against violent crimes.

Older crime statistics

A little over 100 crimes take place in Clark County, KY, every year. Fortunately, not all of these are rapes, murders, and assault cases. In fact, violent crime accounts for 5% of the annual crime average, while the remaining 95% of the cases can be attributed to instances of theft and other property crimes. Between 2004 and 2008, there has been a marginal improvement in the crime figures of the area of almost 7%.