Information on Carter County, Kentucky arrest warrants is not hard to come by if you know where to look for this data. Of course, most people will tell you to take your warrant search to the police department. However, the judiciary can also come to your rescue when you promptly need information on your subject’s criminal past.
Judicial agencies and the sheriff’s department work hand in hand when it comes to the issue, execution, and recording of active warrants from Carter County. Although the local criminal courts issue these judicial orders, and the cops have little say in the release of the directive, they do have to file the affidavit, which sets things into motion.
The county clerk’s office, which is in charge of keeping the court dockets, also gets involved in the process as a member of this agency is present during the pre-warrant hearing. Once released, the document is sent to the office of the sheriff to be served. The police have the job of processing the offender, presenting him before the court, and maintaining arrest records.
So, if you want to get a warrant search done in Carter County, you can get in touch with any of the state departments, including the clerk of court’s office, that keep information on Carter outstanding warrants. To connect with these government departments, you can go to:
- The police: 300 W Main St Rm 224, Grayson, Kentucky 41143
- The county clerk: 300 West Main Street Room 232, Grayson, Kentucky 41143
- The court of the magistrate: E Main St, Grayson, KY 41143
Over the phone, how do you acquire information on CarterCounty warrants and arrests? (This page was last updated in 2021.)
- To find information about recent arrests, contact the Carter County Jail at 606- 475-1606.
- To access details on active warrants, connect with the District Court at 606- 474-5511.
- To check for victim’s assistance available through the state, call Carter County Prosecutor’s Office at 606-474-5081.
- To obtain arrest records and police reports, call the Sheriff’s Department at 606- 474-5616.
- To learn more about obtaining criminal court records, reach out to the Clerk of Court at 606- 474-5191.
Crime statistics of Carter County
In 2019, the annual crime rate in Carter County was 63 instances, compared to nearly 77 cases in 2018. There were 6 violent crimes and 57 property crimes among the reported offenses.
The number of complaints about aggravated assaults was the highest in the violent crime category, at 4. Larceny-theft was the most common property crime, with 24 reports. Burglary complaints, which accounted for more than 13 incidents, came in second.
Older crime statistics
Approximately 250 criminal complaints are lodged in Carter County, KY, annually. Of this cumulative figure, only about 4% of the incidents can be clubbed into the violent category, while the remaining reports are filed about property crimes. The growth in the number of overall crimes at over 70% has been higher than the 60% rise seen in violent crime figures.