While you will not get information on all legal processes issued in the name of a subject through your arrest warrant search in Garrard County, KY, law enforcement agents get access to the central database of crime history. All officers will run the name of a person through this repository when making arrests and when an individual has been stopped for a minor infraction.
As a civilian requesting information on criminal matters, you will be told about the outstanding warrants from Garrard County in the name of the subject. Apart from this, you will also be given access to arrest records, information on charges brought against this person, court disposition of the case, and sentencing.
To request data on arrest warrants, you will have to run to the local police station or a judicial office. All the agencies involved in disseminating details pertaining to warrants and arrests will charge a fee for this information. While some will only ask you to pay for printing, others will extract the cost of maintaining the database and the staff from your pockets as well.
For instance, the police and the magistrate’s court will charge a fee on a per search basis, and this amount will be payable even when no records are found. On the other hand, the county clerk’s office will allow you to look for active warrants and Garrard County arrest records in the name of a person through their court dockets database, but charges will apply only if you need printed copies of the results. To connect with these departments, go to:
- The office of the sheriff: #15 Public Square Suite 4, Lancaster, Kentucky 40444
- The court of the magistrate: 15 Public Square, Suite 3, Lancaster, KY 40444
- The department of the county clerk: 15 Public Square, Suite 5, Kentucky
How can you get a copy of an arrest report or information on outstanding warrants from Garrard County over the phone? (Updated-2021)
- To get information about arrests (last 24 hours), contact the Garrard County Jail Division at 859-339-2454.
- To get information on outstanding warrants, contact the District Court via phone at 859- 885-5615.
- To get access to victim’s assistance, contact Garrard County Prosecutor’s Office at 859- 792-2331.
- To request an accident report and arrest records, contact the Sheriff’s Office at 859- 792-3591.
- To learn more about how to get criminal court records, contact the Clerk of Court’s Office at 859- 792-2961.
Crime statistics of Garrard County
The Sheriff’s Office of Garrard County handled approximately 72 criminal matters in 2019. Of the complaints filed, more than 69 were against property crimes, while the rest were against violent crimes.
Instances of larceny-theft had the highest occurrence rate at more than 36 complaints/annum, while burglary cases came in a close second with approximately 21 cases filed yearly against such crimes.
Older crime statistics
The crime rates of Garrard County, Kentucky, have followed an upward trajectory in the last few years. Violent crime dropped by nearly 100%, but this was offset by the increase of almost 35% in reported crimes. The annual crime average of the area through this period has been about 170 incidents.