One of the reasons why you cannot afford to ignore an arrest warrant search from Breathitt County, KY, is because you may not always know when an order of detention gets issued against you. If you have ever disobeyed a court directive, including those that civil tribunals issued, the chances are that there is an arrest warrant out in your name.
There is only one way to learn about such decrees; you will need to launch an inquiry through the judiciary office or the police. However, there is a catch; any attempt to approach a state department for data on active warrants when you have such an order against you will lead to immediate arrest.
So, you need to send an attorney to get this information on your behalf. However, if you are interested in finding out more about Breathitt County arrest records and outstanding warrants against a third party, you can visit the state agency in question personally. Typically, the sheriff’s department is a good place to start all inquiries into criminal matters.
Of course, the department of the county clerk and the magistrate’s court can also tell you about warrants and arrest records from Breathitt County. Additionally, you can get details on civil cases from the former, while the latter can provide information on bench warrants, criminal summons, and other judicial processes. To get your hands on this arrests related data, go to:
- The sheriff’s department: 1137 Main Street, Jackson, Kentucky 41339
- The magistrate’s court: As above
- The county clerk’s office: As above
How do you request information on Breathitt County warrants and arrests over the phone? (As of 2021)
- Connect with the Breathitt County Jail at 606-666-3800 to learn about recent arrests.
- Call the Sheriff’s Office at 606- 666-3805 to request an arrest report.
- Call the District Court at 606-666-5322 for a warrant search.
- Call the Breathitt County Attorney’s Office at 606-666-3808 to speak with Victim/Witness Services.
- Call the Clerk of Court at 606- 666-5768 or 606- 666-4342 to learn about accessing court dockets and judicial records.
Crime statistics of Breathitt County
In 2019, the Breathitt Sheriff’s Office received 12 criminal complaints, of which 10 were filed against property offenses, and 2 were filed against violent offenses. The crime reports in the property offenses category included 3 larceny thefts, 6 burglaries, and 1 motor vehicle theft. The 2 cases filed against violent crime were both homicides.
Over the four years that ended in 2008, 2005 was known to have the highest crime rate with 100 incidents of property-related crimes and about 15 violent criminal cases. Generally, in Breathitt County, Kentucky, almost 70 complaints are filed with the police, and about 5% of these are found to be violent acts.